How to Enter
There are 6 project categories as well as 2 awards for company initiatives (green and innovation) a rising star award and company of the year.
Any projects and initiatives you enter, must have been completed by 30th June 2021.
Entries will close in July 2021, and we’ll contact all entrants to let them know if they make the shortlist soon after this.
On this page we’ve outlined all the questions the entry form will ask, so you can prepare your entry before you make a start on the online form.
Take a moment to read the rules of entry further down this page too, then once you’re ready go ahead and complete the online submission.
We’ll ask you for a bit of background and about the objectives of the project, your strategy, how you produced and installed the work, and any challenges you had to overcome.
Then you can tell us about the final result, and let us know why you think the project should win.
The Green Award & The Innovation Award
You’ll need to give your initiative a title, and then we’ll ask you tell us all about the background, the work you did, and the results.
First, tell us about the challenge that your business faced, or the outcome that you were looking to achieve. How did you identify it? Why was it important? And how did you decide what “success” would look like?
What steps did you take to achieve this? Who in the business was involved? Who else did you collaborate with?
And lastly, what were the results? And what benefits has the business seen as a result of this initiative?
The Rising Star Award
This award is for anyone who has been in the industry less than 2 years, regardless of whether they are following a formal qualification or not.
An individual can be nominated by their manager or a colleague.
You’ll need to tell us why you think they deserve to be named as the industry’s Rising Star for 2021. What have they been doing since they joined you? What have they learned? How have they gone above and beyond what would normally be expected of a trainee in your business?
Marketing Initiative of the Year
To begin with, you must provide a campaign title and detail surrounding the project.
Tell us about the objectives of your marketing strategy, how you executed the plan, what mediums you chose to use and the challenges you had to overcome.
And lastly, the final result of your campaign and how it coincided with your initial objectives and why you should win.
You will be given the opportunity to upload supporting documents and images.
Large Format Print Company of the Year
First, give us an overview of your business – Who are you? Which sectors do you serve? How is the team made up? Who does what? What’s your story?
Then tell us what makes you the absolute best at what you do. How do you really go above and beyond and deliver an amazing customer experience? Why do your customers choose you time and time again over your competitors?
We want to know about your team‘s greatest achievement over the last 18 months. What happened? Who in the team contributed? What did they do? Why was this achievement so important? What about it made you and the team particularly proud?
And lastly, what’s the 1 compelling reason you think should be crowned company of the year?
Note: For this category you’ll be asked to provide contact details for 2 customers, for us to take customer references.
Rules of entry
- You may enter 1 project per category and can enter as many categories as you wish.
- Entries must be for commercial work undertaken by the printing company entering the awards for a paying customer.
- Entries must have been produced by the printing company entering the awards using digital printing equipment. Any outsourcing should be acknowledged and credited.
- All entries must be produced in the 12 months prior to 30th June 2021.
- Entrants must not reference any specific equipment or consumables manufacturers in their applications, to protect the impartiality of the judging process.
- Entrants must have obtained the permission of their customers to enter their work into the awards.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Equipment & consumables manufacturers, suppliers and resellers are not eligible to enter.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Entries may be moved to a different category at the discretion of the judges.
- By entering the awards you agree to all information being published on the websites and in the publications and marketing materials of the organisers.
- You give the organisers your express permission to use any entries received in full or part for marketing and promotional purposes in publications on websites and anywhere else they choose to do so.